Motorcycle accidents often lead to the motorcyclist (and, if applicable, passenger) being injured. As seen in the many Illinois motorcycle accidents summarized on this site, there are many types of accident injuries that can occur. For those bike accidents that are not fatal, the range of possible accident injuries is extensive.
Among the most serious type of motorcycle accident injuries is those involving head impacts. Brain injuries are notable in many regards, and can have complex and long-lasting impacts on one’s health. On this site, brain injuries due to motorcycle accidents are discussed on the “Head Injuries Resulting From Motorcycle Accidents” and “Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) And Concussions” pages.
Recently there have been a number of Illinois motorcycle accidents (some fatal) which involved head injuries. These crashes include:
- A fatal August 11, 2017 car-motorcycle collision in Bridgeview in which the motorcyclist suffered severe head trauma, as seen in the August 12, 2017 post titled “Fatal Bridgeview Motorcycle Accident.”
- An August 11, 2017 fatal bike crash in Des Plaines in which the motorcyclist had various injuries including those to the head, neck and chest. The accident is summarized in the August 12, 2017 post titled “Fatal Motorcycle Crash In Des Plaines.”
- There was a fatal motorcycle accident in Decatur on Tuesday afternoon (August 8, 2017.) The accident is summarized in the post of August 9, 2017 titled “Fatal SUV-Motorcycle Collision In Decatur.” The motorcyclist suffered severe head and neck trauma.
- A July 30, 2017 crash on Illinois 4 which caused severe head injuries, summarized in the July 31, 2017 post titled “Motorcycle Crash On Illinois 4 Critically Injures Motorcyclist.”
- A July 19, 2017 motorcycle accident in Frankfort that included head injuries. The collision is summarized in the post of July 19, 2017 titled “Serious Motorcycle Accident In Frankfort, Illinois.”
If a rider suffers a head impact during a motorcycle accident, it is highly recommended that a thorough medical exam is conducted as soon as possible. There are many reasons for this recommendation, as further explained on the “Head Injuries Resulting From Motorcycle Accidents” page mentioned above. Among those reasons is that with head trauma, there is always the possibility of a serious (and possibly life-threatening) condition developing, such as bleeding on the brain.
From a legal perspective, accidents involving head injuries often lead to lawsuits, due to the frequent costly nature of such injuries, as well as various types of impairments and disabilities that often arise from serious head injuries.
While there are no actions that riders can take to “guarantee” that brain injuries won’t occur during accidents, among the best safety measures is to wear a motorcycle helmet.
Should you or someone you care for experience a motorcycle accident injury or fatality in Illinois, please contact the Elman Law Group for a free consultation to discuss the legal situation and to determine whether a personal injury lawsuit should be filed. Elman Law Group LLC (ElmanLaw.com) is an Illinois personal injury law firm that concentrates in Illinois personal injury and wrongful death cases involving vehicle accidents (car, motorcycle, bike, bus, pedestrian, truck, etc.)
Elman Law Group’s Lead Attorney, Tony Elman, is a personal injury trial lawyer. Over the last 25+ years Elman Law Group has handled over 10,000 Illinois personal injury lawsuits.
During this 25+ year period, Elman Law Group has built a reputation for its courtroom trial performance, including getting large verdicts for smaller cases. In fact, because of these court trial accomplishments, many well-known law firms choose to have Elman Law Group take cases to court.
To speak directly to Tony Elman, Lead Attorney of the Elman Law Group, call (773) 392-8182 at any time. This legal consultation is free.
Elman Law Group works on a “contingency” basis…Elman Law Group’s clients never pay a fee unless and until they receive monetary compensation.